Saturday, May 22, 2010

Purpose

For those of you who know Ann, my mom, you know that she has found her deepest appreciation of joy surrounded nature. Whether planting in her diminutive patch of soil, or cherishing time spent at the local arboretum, she was never more fulfilled than in these moments.

As you may or may not know, she has been battling cancer in various forms throughout the past several years. Very recently we learned that the cancer has spread and is present in many areas of her body including her brain. The prognosis is painfully short.

I have created this page for two reasons.

The first is to invite all of you to contribute to this page. To saturate it with your memories, your stories of how Ann has impacted your lives. I want for this to become a place where she can go in the time that remains to realize how many people she has touched, how many people love her. In order to create an original post, I will have to add you as a contributor. Please e-mail me at aidannconnorsdad@gmail.com and I will be happy to add you as an author. This type of contribution will certainly be the most substantial to my mom.


The second reason I created this page is to create a memorial. As you know, my mom's two favorite places on earth are the Morton Arboretum and Herrick Lake (where she and Ken were married. "The scene of the crime," as they both affectionately call it.) We would like to honor my mom with the planting of a tree in her memory at either of these sights. The total cost for this is $2,500. In the coming days, I will be setting up a memorial fund at a local bank and adding a donate button to this page. Please consider donating as she would be overjoyed to realize this is happening.

Any funds raised above and beyond the $2,500 will be used to help ease the burden of costs associated with final preparations.

No comments:

Post a Comment